Digital Safety training for parents and carers
Duration: 1.5 hrs
The training is designed to equip parents and carers with the knowledge to understand the potential risks associated with keeping children and young people safe online, while also covering the many positives of the digital world. During the training, attendees will learn about harmful content online, privacy and security cyberbullying, gaming, live-streaming, grooming, self-image and identity, popular apps and social media, health, wellbeing and lifestyle and how to make things safer within the home.
Through taking part in Digital Safety training, you will be able to:
- Recognise and respond to risks posed by online activity
- Confidently navigate discussions with young people about the online world
- Introduce boundary settings and other approaches to support young people online
- Share own experiences and hear from others in similar situations
- Signpost where to get additional help and support
Upcoming workshop dates
Kidscape's Digital Safety workshops are currently available, either free of charge or at a subsidised rate in regions of England and Wales (depending on current funding).
- Tuesday 7th December | 10.00 am - 11.30 am
- Tuesday 25th January | 10.00 am - 11.30 am
- Monday 14th March | 6.00 pm - 7.30 pm
How to apply
If you are interested in finding out more and attending one of our training sessions, please email, email@example.com