Basic Safeguarding and Child Protection
Our Basic Safeguarding and Child Protection training looks broadly at child abuse and neglect to enhance a delegates’ understanding and encourage best practice.
The half day course is CPD accredited. All delegates will be presented with a certificate on completion.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Be able to define the different types of child abuse.
- Recognise the signs and indicators of various types of abuse and neglect.
- Have an awareness of the appropriate legislation and key messages applicable to safeguarding and the protection of children.
- Respond appropriately to suspicion or knowledge that a child may be at risk of harm.
- Deal appropriately with disclosures.
- Be able to demonstrate the procedures professionals should follow when abuse is suspected.
Staff and volunteers who work with children and young people in schools, nurseries, sports teams, alternative education providers, youth centres, family support venues, community groups, leisure centres and all other environments where adults have a duty of care to young people.
To register your interest please complete our training enquiry form.
Please note these costings are to be considered as a guide only and do not include the trainer's travel or accommodation expenses where applicable. VAT may also be applicable.