Bullying Awareness for Parents and Carers
Duration 1.5 hours
As a parent, discovering that your child or young person is experiencing bullying, or is involved in bullying, can be daunting. As parents how we choose to react and how we respond to bullying behaviour is vital to reaching a successful outcome for everyone involved.
Our Bullying Awareness Training for Parents and Carers course is specifically designed to develop awareness of bullying and cyberbullying. The session explores recent guidance, news articles, updates in law and offers a myriad of practical solutions for parents to effectively support their children at a time of need. We empower parents to work collaboratively with the organisation involved.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand what behaviours constitute bullying
- Have an awareness of the prevalence of bullying
- Define bullying, banter and conflict
- Explore the impact and effects of bullying on your child
- Learn signs and indicators that your child may be experiencing a bullying situation
- Understand the differences and similarities of cyberbullying
- Know how to appropriately support your child
- Learn more about reporting
- Work with your child's school
This vital parent workshop is delivered as a group session and is ideal for parents, carers, grandparents, community groups and more.
To register your interest please complete our training enquiry form.
Parent Advice Line
Guidance and support for parents and carers
Facts about bullying
Definitions, potential risks and the impact of bullying.