Peer Mentoring Programme for Staff
Duration: 3hrs (maximum of 20 staff)
Kidscape peer mentoring training supports young people to resolve conflict, empower others and befriend those that are finding life difficult.
- Understand what peer mentoring means and benefits of peer mentoring
- Understand what mental wellbeing means and the issues that affect young people’s wellbeing
- Identify and explore what needs to be included in a peer mentoring programme
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of staff and peer mentors
- Investigate and explore the resources that will support staff deliver the programme
- Receive peer mentoring materials to support you set up and deliver your peer mentoring programme
- Produce a plan for setting up your own programme
“Very excited to develop the programme further in our school and add additional support to pupils. I will definitely recommend the training to others.” – Head Teacher
Peer Mentor Training for Young People
Duration: Full day (maximum of 30 pupils; 10-16 years old)
The interactive style of delivery will give potential peer mentors the opportunity to explore the peer mentors role and understand what will be expected of them.
- Understand what peer mentoring is
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of a peer mentor
- Understand safeguarding procedures
- Understand how to communicate and listen effectively
- Be able to identify personal qualities and skills, including completing a
- Personal Development Plan focusing on future development
- Understand what is involved in the peer mentoring process
- Carry out peer mentoring and observe others in the role
- Understand how your peer mentoring programme will be delivered
To register your interest please complete our training enquiry form.
Please note these costings are to be considered as a guide only and do not include the trainer's travel or accommodation expenses where applicable. VAT may also be applicable.