Celebrate Friendship Friday with Kidscape and Elmer
Friendship Friday is celebrated on 8th November 2019, with Anti-Bullying Week, coordinated by the Anti-Bullying Alliance, celebrated from the 11th-15th November.
The focus of Friendship Friday and Anti-Bullying Week this year is ‘Change Starts With Us’, encouraging everyone to see they have a role to play in creating a world that is friendlier and kinder.
We believe the best pre-schools and schools are not those who say ‘we have no bullying here’ but those that accept bullying behaviour can happen anywhere, and take collective action to build kind, caring communities. We all have a role to play and this Friendship Friday and Anti-Bullying Week ‘Change Starts With Us’ helps us think about what we can all do to create a better world.
Introducing Elmer the Patchwork Elephant
This Friendship Friday, Kidscape is delighted to work in partnership with Andersen Press and Elmer the Patchwork Elephant.
The Elmer books are a wonderful way to introduce stories of friendship, kindness and respect with young children. Our school resource pack includes ideas and resources using Elmer to bring Friendship Friday and Anti-Bullying week to life. The pack shares practical ideas to help build communities of support that will pay long term dividends and make our world better for everyone.
These activities are aimed at early years and primary age children as we believe you are never too young to make a difference! Activities for children include spreading love and happiness, making someone smile, laughing with (not at) others, helping one another, celebrating difference and making sure everyone is included.
Walk with Kidscape and Elmer
In the book Elmer's Walk, Elmer and his friend Wilbur take time to stop and enjoy the world around them.
As part of Friendship Friday and Anti-Bullying Week we are encouraging pre-schools and schools to ‘Walk with Kidscape and Elmer’. This is a great way to help people get to know one another better while enjoying the health benefits of spending time in the great outdoors. We would be over the moon if you could use it as an opportunity to raise funds for Kidscape so we can help many more children and families.
You can find details of how to organise your walk – along with other fundraising ideas – in the pack.
Every organisation that registers for our resources pack before the end of July 2019 will be entered into a draw to win one of 5 packs of books kindly donated by Andersen Press.*
There will be further prizes available for those taking part in fundraising for Kidscape and those sharing their Elmer inspired Friendship Friday and/or Anti-Bullying Week activities on social media. Please read the pack for further information.
To celebrate Friendship Friday with Kidscape and Elmer, please complete the form below to receive our resources pack and campaign updates.
The following Terms & Conditions apply to the prize draw:
- Prize draw open to organisations only – including (but not limited to) schools, pre-schools, nurseries, children’s centres and children’s groups.
- Winners will be drawn at random after 1 August 2019 and packs will be dispatched week beginning 30 September 2019.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- Only winners will be notified. If you have not received notification by 31 October 2019 please take this as confirmation that you have not won.
- The draw closes at midnight on 31 July. Any downloads after this time will not be entered into the draw.
- All downloads completed before midnight on 31 July will be entered. To opt out of the competition please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The names of the winning organisations may be published on Kidscape’s website and social media channels. By entering, you agree to the name of your organisation being used in this way.
- Kidscape reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.