Celebrate Friendship Friday with your friends and colleagues
Why not celebrate Friendship Friday in your workplace or local community and help to raise vital funds for Kidscape’s life changing work? Kidscape celebrates Friendship Friday on the 8th November 2019, but you could hold your own event on any Friday of the year.
Walk with Kidscape and Elmer
Kidscape is delighted to work in partnership with Andersen Press and Elmer the Patchwork Elephant. The Elmer books are a wonderful way to introduce stories of friendship, kindness and respect with young children, which is why Elmer is the main feature of our school’s resources pack.
In the book Elmer's Walk, Elmer and his friend Wilbur take time to stop and enjoy the world around them.
As part of Friendship Friday and Anti-Bullying Week we are encouraging friends and colleagues across the UK to take some time out and ‘Walk with Kidscape and Elmer’.
This is a great way to help people get to know one another better while enjoying the health benefits of spending time in the great outdoors.
Why not organise a walk with your work colleagues and use it as an opportunity to raise funds for Kidscape so we can help many more children and families facing the devastating effects of bullying?
Organising a walk
- Plan a route – it doesn’t need to be Land’s End to John O’Groats, a few blocks, twice around the car park or even to the sandwich shop will do.
- If you can’t all leave the office at the same time separate into groups and have a relay… the next group can leave when the others return.
- In celebration of Elmer why not hold a ‘dress casual day’ and encourage everyone to wear their brightest colours.
- If time allows arrange for drinks and refreshments on your return. Each person taking part makes a donation towards Kidscape’s work.
Other fundraising ideas
If you are not able to organise a sponsored walk there are many other your workplace can raise funds for Kidscape:
- Hold a dress up day
- Celebrate odd socks day with all the staff wearing odd socks
- Hold a bake sale
- Organise a book sale
- Make Kidscape your company charity of the year
These are a few of our favourites, but you can find more ideas here.
Need inspiration? Then please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Help with Bullying in the Workplace
This training has been developed to support adults to recognise and respond to bullying and harassment.