Community Leader Programme
In 2020, with support from the ScottishPower Foundation we developed and launched the Kidscape Community Leader Programme. The programme is inspired by our vision for all children to grow up in supportive communities safe from bullying and harm. The aim of the programme is to empower adults and young adults working in the community with children and young people to recognise and take action to challenge bullying behaviour. To date we have trained over 300 Community Leaders from a wide range of backgrounds including faith groups, Young Farmers, members of the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller community, football coaches, sixth form and University students.
"Excellent training - Very thought-provoking!" - Workshop participant
Our Community Leader programme is available for young adults and adults who support or work with children and young people and have an opportunity to change young lives for the better.
As a Kidscape Community Leader you will:
- Share our vision to create a world where all children are safe from bullying and harm
- Understand the impact of bullying on young lives
- Be able to identify the signs and symptoms that a child may be experiencing bullying
- Learn practical strategies that support children with emotional health, relationships and bullying (face to face and online)
- Have the knowledge to signpost children and families to help
- Join a community of people who are passionate about taking positive action together
The success of the Community Leader training is shown in the positive outcomes and the fantastic feedback we receive from the adults who attend.
Of the people who attend:
- 100% felt more equipped with practical strategies to handle bullying situations.
- 93% felt more knowledgeable about the causes and impact of bullying.
- 93% felt more understanding of who, when and where to signpost to for additional support around bullying issues
"It was beneficial understanding how different aspects of bullying can effect people in different ways and how different people chose to help deal with the problems." - Workshop participant
To find out more about Community Leader training please email email@example.com