Advanced Safeguarding and Child Protection
Do you have responsibility for receiving concerns about the safety and welfare of children and young people in your school or organisation? Our Advanced Safeguarding and Child Protection course will provide you with the skills to act appropriately and confidently to protect children.
Face-to-face delivery duration: 6hrs
Virtual delivery duration: 4hrs
The Kidscape Advanced Safeguarding and Child Protection course will build on your existing safeguarding knowledge. This course is suitable for those wanting a more advanced understanding of processes and procedures and a robust update for those with designated responsibility.
The course includes updates on how to recognise new risk factors, respond appropriately and report effectively to children’s services, as well as understanding what happens once a referral to children’s services is made.
This course is CPD accredited. All delegates will be presented with a certificate on completion.
"I would highly recommend the Kidscape training. What is unique is that it offers the chance to meet other safeguarding leads and learn from other peoples experiences, a vital ingredient in the group work and the debate. The fact that you have different heads and different providers sharing ideas and expertise was so valuable to me."
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead or likewise in their setting
- Understand key updates to latest guidance and legislation relevant to safeguarding and child protection
- Recognise how your own values and attitudes can impact on safeguarding
- Respond effectively when concerns about a child have been raised
- Understand the child protection system and your duty of care within this
- Be able to identify good practice when working with children and to reflect on the settings policies and procedures
Designated Leads, Managers, senior leadership and professionals who want an advanced knowledge of safeguarding children to implement in their setting. To be eligible to attend all delegates should already have completed the Kidscape Basic Safeguarding and Child Protection training, or other equivalent training. This course acts as both an introduction to the role of Designated Lead or refresher course for those with Designated responsibility for safeguarding.
Upcoming course dates:
The next dates for our webinar based session are:
- Tuesday 13th April 2021 - last few spaces
- Tuesday 11th May 2021
- Tuesday 8th June 2021
- Tuesday 6th July 2021
All webinars will run from 10.00am - 2.00pm
This course is available face-to-face or as a live virtual training webinar. You can choose to learn on location within your organisation or from the comfort of your own home or office. You decide.
To register your interest please complete our training enquiry form.