Advanced Safeguarding and Child Protection
The Kidscape Advanced Safeguarding and Child Protection course will build on your existing safeguarding knowledge. This course is suitable for those wanting a more advanced understanding of processes and procedures and a robust update for those with designated responsibility.
The course includes updates on how to recognise new risk factors, respond appropriately and report effectively to children’s services, as well as understanding what happens once a referral to children’s services is made.
This course is CPD accredited. All delegates will be presented with a certificate on completion.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead or likewise in their setting
- Be informed and aware of the latest guidance and legislation relevant to safeguarding and child protection
- Have an increased awareness of how our values and attitudes can impact on safeguarding
- Have refreshed and enhanced their knowledge of the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Understand the child protection system and your duty of care within this
- Be able to identify good practice when working with children and to reflect on their settings policies and procedures
Managers, senior leadership and professionals who want an advanced knowledge of safeguarding children to implement in their setting. To be eligible to attend all delegates should already have completed the Kidscape Basic Safeguarding and Child Protection training, or other equivalent training. This is an ideal introduction or refresher course for those with designated responsibility for safeguarding.
The next dates for our webinar based session are:
- Tuesday 14th July 2020 - Last few spaces
- Tuesday 11th August 2020
- Tuesday 8th September 2020
- Tuesday 6th October 2020
- Tuesday 10th November 2020
- Tuesday 8th December 2020
The course can also be delivered at your organisation. To register your interest please complete our training enquiry form.