Safeguarding and Child Protection Awareness: Early Years
At Kidscape we recognise that the importance of up-to-date, engaging and rewarding training for practitioners.
Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Awareness: Early Years training course has been specifically designed for the Early Years sector (0-5 years) and looks at current guidance, legislation and statutory regulation of early years providers. This course features additional modules on the Prevent Duty, harmful cultural procedures and online safety.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Define child abuse and neglect
- Recognise the signs and symptoms that may indicate the abuse of a child
- Have an awareness of the appropriate legislation and key messages applicable to safeguarding babies, toddlers and children
- Respond appropriately to suspicion or knowledge that a child may be at risk of harm
- Be able to recognise the vulnerabilities to radicalisation
- Be aware of the potential online safety risks
- Deal appropriately with disclosures
- Understand and recognise the different types of abuse that children can be subjected to, including Child Sexual Exploitation, FGM, the Prevent Duty and online safety
- Understand the procedures practitioners should follow when abuse is suspected
Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Awareness: Early Years training course has been specifically designed for the Early Years sector. The course is suitable for managers, staff and volunteers.
Fees and booking
3 hour session: £550
To register your interest please complete our training enquiry form.
For those with designated responsibility within your early years settings you may wish to book our Advanced Safeguarding and Child Protection course. This course will build on your existing safeguarding knowledge and is suitable for those wanting a more advanced understanding of processes and procedures, or as a robust update for those with designated responsibility.