Advanced safeguarding and child protection
The Kidscape Advanced Safeguarding Children course will build on your existing safeguarding knowledge. This course is suitable for those wanting a more advanced understanding of processes and procedures and a robust update for those with designated responsibility.
The course includes updates on how to recognise new risk factors, respond appropriately and report effectively to children's services. As well as understanding what happens once a referral to children's services is made.
This course meets Ofsted inspection standards and is CPD accredited. All delegates will be presented with a certificate on completion.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead or likewise in their setting.
- Be informed and aware of the latest guidance and legislation relevant to safeguarding and child protection.
- Have an increased awareness of how our values and attitudes can impact on safeguarding.
- Have refreshed and enhanced their knowledge of the signs and symptoms of abuse.
- Understand the child protection system and your duty of care.
- Be able to identify good practice when working with children and to reflect on their setting’s policies and procedures.
Managers, senior leadership and professionals who are want an advanced knowledge of safeguarding to implement in their setting. To be eligible to attend, all delegates should already have completed the Kidscape basic safeguarding and child protection training or equivalent training.
For those with designated responsible for safeguarding, this is an ideal refresher course.
Booking information and fees
We are delighted to introduce a new venue in Birmingham for our Advanced Safeguarding course - see below for 2019 dates.
Courses are held at a training venue in London Victoria unless otherwise stated. They run between 10am-4pm and cost £198 plus VAT per delegate. Upcoming training dates are as follows:
- 08 Jan 2019
- 22 Jan 2019 (Birmingham)
- 12 Feb 2019
- 28 Feb 2019 (Birmingham)
- 12 Mar 2019
- 09 Apr 2019
- 14 May 2019
To register your interest in one of these dates please click below.