Basic Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Duration: 3hrs
Our Basic Safeguarding and Child Protection training looks broadly at child abuse and neglect to enhance a delegates’ understanding and encourage best practice.
The half day course is CPD accredited. All delegates will be presented with a certificate on completion.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Define child abuse and neglect
- Recognise the signs and symptoms that may indicate the abuse of a child
- Refer to the appropriate legislation and key messages applicable to safeguarding children and young people
- Appreciate how personal values and beliefs can impact on an assessment of a child’s needs
- Respond appropriately to suspicion or knowledge that a child may be at risk of harm
- Deal appropriately with disclosures
- Navigate the child protection system and define the professional roles within it
- Understand and recognise the different types of abuse that children can be subjected to
- Have a basic knowledge of the signs and symptoms that may indicate the abuse of a child
- Know how to respond to child protection concerns and disclosures
- Understand the procedures professionals should follow when abuse is suspected
Staff and volunteers who work with children and young people in schools, nurseries, sports teams, alternative education providers, youth centres, family support venues, community groups, leisure centres and all other environments where adults have a duty of care to young people.
Fees and booking
- 3 hour session: £550
To enquire about this training please complete this form. A member of the Kidscape team will then be in touch to discuss a potential booking.
If you would like further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note these costings are to be considered as a guide only and do not include the trainer's travel or accommodation expenses where applicable. VAT may also be applicable.