Sexual violence and sexual harassment in schools and colleges – training for staff
Duration: 2 hrs
Ofsted review findings in England, and Estyn review findings in Wales, have highlighted the scale of sexual harassment in our schools and colleges. This is also reflected in new guidance on peer on peer abuse set out in Keeping children safe in education (KCSIE), which sets out the statutory requirements for educational settings, including post 16 education.
Kidscape’s CPD accredited course explores the topics of sexual violence, sexual abuse and sexual harassment, exploring how educational settings can develop a ‘it can happen here’ approach, develop a culture of care and support and embed best practice standards.
- Understand harmful sexual behaviour (including sexual violence and sexual harassment)
- Take action to create a safe environment, a culture of care
- How to respond calmly and effectively to concerns
- Guidance on how to update your peer-on-peer abuse policy
- how to communicate effectively with the wider community
Staff and volunteers who work with children and young people in schools, nurseries, alternative education providers, youth centres, family support venues, community groups, leisure centres and all other environments where adults have a duty of care to young people.
To register your interest please complete our training enquiry form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Peer Mentoring Training
Support to set up a peer mentoring programme in your school or youth setting.